Pokédoll (ポケドール) are a line of plush toys released in Japan by The Pokémon Company and in the United States by Pokémon USA. They are a Super-Deformed doll, usually with heads much larger than bodies and simplified facial features. The Pokedoll range is only sold at Pokemon Centers around Japan, and Nintendo World, and special kiosks in the USA. It is one of the most popular and iconic plush series for Pokémon; the series even spawned some other merchandise based on the iconic Pokédoll design, both plush and non-plush.
Guys please put the X and Y Pokedolls Please thank you for your cooperation
Pokédolls were originally released from 2000 to 2002 as Pokémon PlushPlush (ぬいぐるみのぬいぐるみ). The original PlushPlush series featured soft pile and key design traits that would become a staple of the Pokédoll series, such as size being limited to roughly 6", and chibified anatomy. The first major change to the line when they shifted to the Pokédoll brand was changing facial features to embroidered details, while the original PlushPlush series used plastic eyes. The pile was changed and the majority of dolls were released in this styling. Another change happened after the release of Diamond and Pearl in Japan. The pile, previously velboa, was changed into an even softer, fuzzier pile called minky, which is the current standard. For each change in a generation, the tag art also changed.
Normal Pokédoll ListEdit
Special Pokédoll ListEdit
|Pikachu||10th Anniversary, Normal|
|Pikachu||10th Anniversary, Mini|
|Pikachu||New Year, Oversized, Shimmery|
|Piplup||New Year, Oversized, Shimmery|
|Pachirisu||New Year, Oversized, Shimmery|
Oversize Pokédoll ListEdit
Oversize Pokédolls are around twice the size of normal Pokédolls, but not as large as DX dolls - they were usually given out as New Year gifts at Pokémon Centers! Source
- The UK received a small line of dolls called Pokemon MiniPlush, which were essentially re-tagged Pokedolls. Of notable mention, Pikachu, Torchic, Mudkip and Treecko were part of this release.
- Despite being part of the official Pokedoll line, Whiscash is actually a Jumbo Pokedoll, measuring at a whopping 12". This would later start a trend in which the Pokemon Daisuki Club would release special DX Pokedolls as prizes.
- Pokedolls sold from the Pokemon Center Vending Machine in Seattle all have different tags exclusive to the machine.
- List of some of the Pokedolls that got their own US Release: Victini, Munna, Blitzle, Woobat, Drillbur, Audino, Timbur, Tympole, Throgh, Sawk, Cottonee, Whimsicott, Scraggy, Cubchoo, Litwick, Zorua, Zoroark, Gothita, Ducklett, Vanillite, Foongus, Mienfoo, Bisharp, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Charmander, Squirtle, Jolteon, Umbreon, Flareon, Eevee, Leafeon, Glaceon, Krogre, Groudon, Arceus, Shaymin (land), Shaymin (sky), Palkia, Dialga, Raikou, Entei, Suicune...
- Amity Square Miss_Fuu_Chan's personal collection of Pokédoll merchandise.
- Pokedoll USA Pre-order US Release Pokedolls.
- PokePlushProject a project aiming to try and form a complete image catalog of plush merchandise